Plan the Ultimate Vacation at Whistler
Whistler is one of the North America's most sought after vacation spot, situated between the two coastal mountains such as the Whistler and the Blackcomb. Located just two hours drive from Vancouver in British Columbia and Seattle in Washington.
Whistler is an unparalleled vacation spot, bestowed with an impressive landscape comprising unbeatable mountain peaks, crystal-like lakes, soothing surroundings, lush emerald forested areas, beautiful waterfalls, and picturesque valleys. Whistler is more popular as a four-season resort, proving great options to enjoy an array of activities including both summer and winter.
In winter, Whistler becomes an incredible destination filled with snow, and provides base for a number of activities. Skiing is one of the most popular winter activities that can be enjoyed in Whistler. With more than 200 marked trails and about 7500 acres of skiable terrains, Whistler and Blackcomb mountains provide great options for skiing.
No matter you want to any type of skiing such as alpine skiing, cross country skiing, glacier skiing, or freestyle skiing, the destination has superb options. For instance, the Lost Lake, just a minutes drive from the pedestrained Whistler Village, is a great venue for enjoying cross country skiing.
Likewise, the Blackcomb's glacier skiing is an excellent choice for glacier skiing. For those interested in backcountry skiing, nothing would be better than destinations such as Callaghan Country. Above all, a great number of ski schools and other facilities operate here to cater to every level of skier, from novice to experienced hands. Perhaps for these reasons, Whistler has been continuously ranked number one skiing resort in Whistler by many leading ski magazines.
However, skiing is not the only winter activity that can be enjoyed here. Visitors touring Whistler during winter can also engage in a number of other activities such as dog sledding, sleigh riding, cat skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, helicopter sightseeing tours, bald eagle viewing, heli skiing and snowboarding, and much more.
When comes to summer activities, Whistler provides limitless options. During summer, Whistler becomes a golfer's paradise, with a continuum of golf courses designed by such legendary golf architects as Robert Trent Jones Jr, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, and Robert Muir Graves. A specialty is that all of them are set in the backdrop of scenic vistas, which allows you to play golf while enjoying the breathtaking vistas of the place.
Another popular summer activity is hiking in Garibaldi Provincial Park, which is named after Giuseppe Garibaldi - a renowned Italian soldier, and sprawling over an area of about 194,650 hectares.
Whistler is also a perfect base for enjoying activities like mountain biking, with a great number of summer trails catering to every level of rider from beginners and intermediates to expert hands. For example, if you are a beginner, then take a mountain biking ride through the Magic Park, consisting of trouble-free rolling train and fun obstacles.
For those who want to enjoy an exhilarating summer activity in Whistler, then one of the best options would be to go for rafting in some of the best rivers in the place, such as, the Green River, the Squamish River, the Elaho-Squamish River, and the Cheakamus River, each of which abounds in natural beauty.
Similarly, for those who want to engage in some activities that are unique while your stay at Whistler, then jet boating on the serene upper Lillooet Lake would be a great experience. Popular summer activities that can be enjoyed in the area also include fishing, flightseeing, eco tours, bungee jumping, zipline trekking, and more.
Apart from these activities, Whistler renders excellent options for sightseeing with a great number of attractions such as Green Lake Park, Brandywine Falls Provincial Park, Narin Falls Provincial Park, Whistler Museum and Archives, Whistler Farmers' Market, and Marketplace Play structure.
Additionally, since the streets of Whistler are packed with an array of boutiques, shops, and art galleries, the destination is considered a haven for shopping. Above all, worth mentioning is the exciting nightlife of Whistler.
In short, things to see and do in Whistler are of such a great amount that a whole year is not enough to enjoy and explore them all. Hence, it is no wonder why people from across the world flock here. In order to provide visitors with ultimate holiday experience, Whistler provides great accommodation choices ranging from ski-in and ski-out chalets and condos to hotels, resorts, and villas complete with high-end comforts.
Skiatwhistler.com offers real time bookings of premium properties in the world class ski resort of Whistler, British Columbia. Our business is to market property rentals in Whistler to high end vacationers in order to maximize property owners' return on investment (ROI).
Social Web Bookmarks (Opens a new window / tab)Comments
Wish to comment?
Type in and press Send button or Ctrl+Enter
(All comments are reviewed to eliminate spam and grossly inappropriate postings)
- A Car Buying Story, Part Four: The Dealers
- Vancouver Island Adventure Tours ? Not Just For The Oldies
- Vancouver, Hidden Jewel Of The Pacific Northwest
- Dine and Unwind is Back in Whistler this May and June, 2007
- The Wonders Of British Columbia
- Fractal:Edge Data Visualization Makes Pacific Northwest Aerospace Company Fly
- There's More to Snow Than Skiing: Alternative Activities for Winter Holidays
- Creating your Own Winter Fashion
- Plan the Ultimate Vacation at Whistler
- North American Ski Resorts Offer Top Notch Vacations
- Vancouver: Canada's adventure playground
- Native American Indian Art Wood Carvings of the Pacific Northwest
- Whistler 2010 Lodging - The Secret Accommodation Stash Revealed
- Pacific Northwest Native Canadian Art Raven
- HDTV Manufacturer in Arizona NuVision Appoints Ambassador Marketing as Advanced Display Technology Pacific Northwest Representatives
- The Orca Killer Whale in Pacific Northwest Coast Art
- Whistler and Blackcomb Mountain Announce a New Peak to Peak Gondola to Unite at the Top
- Visiting Whistler Before The 2010 Olympics?
- Where to Find Lodging and Accommodation in Whistler, BC
- A Car Buying Story, Part Three: Models and Makes
- Whistler Ski Resort Holiday Vacation
- Vancouver seaplane: People carrier with class
- Moving from Vancouver to Belgrade
- A Wonderful Holiday in Whistler
- Make Your Christmas Vacation Truly Unforgettable In Whistler
- What Makes These The Top Ten Ski Resorts For Downhill Skiing
- Whistler - A Premier Vacation Spot In North America
- Miller wins Chamonix super-combined
- ALDA Pharmaceuticals Corp. named Official Supplier of hand sanitizer and disinfectant cleaning products for the 2010 Winter Games - News Releases - Vancouver 2010
- Tofino: Vancouver Island's surfing hideaway
- Vancouver: Canada's adventure playground