The Best of Both Worlds in Vancouver, British Columbia
Are you torn between taking a luxurious, pampered holiday versus an outdoor, sporty vacation? If you and your holiday partner can't agree (or even if you're not sure yourself) there's no need to compromise when you visit the city of Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada.
An Urban Oasis - Stanley Park
Vancouver is one of the few cities (including New York with the famous Central Park) that can boast a sizable park as one of its features. Stanley Park is 1000 acres and is one of the largest urban parks in North America.
Vancouver is a coastal city with plenty of walking and biking trails. There's something for everyone, whether you enjoy an easy pace viewing the waters of the Burrard Inlet along the paved sea wall or take on the wooded trails of Stanley Park where you'll find impressive untouched forest as well as beautifully manicured gardens on your hiking or biking adventure.
Art Galleries, Shopping and More...
Looking to enjoy some shopping? Vancouver has plenty of interesting areas to shop. For the dedicated shopper a visit to Robson Street will provide designer boutiques as well as trendy coffee shops and restaurants, all with great people watching spots to take a break.
For those who are looking for something a little different than the usual step into Vancouver's Chinatown. You'll find beautiful imported items along with delicious Chinese cuisine along the streets with the red streetlamps and brightly colored signs.
Granville Island, which is also the home to the Emily Carr Institute of Art, is a busy market along the water. Find fresh fruit, flowers and a wide variety of ethnic foods to enjoy. Browse the art and small specialty shops where you're sure to find that special something to bring home for yourself or as a gift.
The Vancouver Art Gallery in the heart of the city also has something for the art enthusiast to enjoy, including presentations of the famous works of Vancouver's Emily Carr.
Science World, Vancouver Aquarium - big draws for Young or Old.
Bringing the kids? The mirrored dome with lights will surely catch their attention but what's inside this fascinating structure will impress them (and you) even more! Interactive and astounding you'll be entertained and educated in this attraction originally built for Expo 86.
For a slower pace try the Vancouver Aquarium. Watch the Beluga show or visit the tropics for a memorable visit.
World Class Resorts, Hotels and Golf Courses
Not far from Vancouver is the world renowned Whistler Village Resort. Ideal for a luxury skiing vacation, it is also a popular summer destination with biking trails, golfing, white water rafting, ziplining and more for the truly adventurous.
Camping and RV parks are never far away or you can choose to stay in one of the highly rated hotels for a real pampered treat!
Vancouver is a culturally diverse city with many languages and ethnic attractions. Although well known for rain, Vancouver's mild climate is ideal for the many gardens and parks that make up the city. Full of complimentary opposites, Vancouver is a harmonious blend for enjoying the outdoors and city life in one place.
Get more information on luxurious travel arrangements and fractional ownership athttp://www.fractional-luxury.comFractional ownership programs make luxury affordable!
Social Web Bookmarks (Opens a new window / tab)Comments
Wish to comment?
Type in and press Send button or Ctrl+Enter
(All comments are reviewed to eliminate spam and grossly inappropriate postings)
- A Car Buying Story, Part One: Why and What?
- A Car Buying Story, Part Two: How?
- Vancouver, Hidden Jewel Of The Pacific Northwest
- Beautiful Vancouver, City of the Sea & Mountains
- Pacific Northwest Native Canadian Art Raven
- Dine and Unwind is Back in Whistler this May and June, 2007
- The Wonders Of British Columbia
- A Tourist Guide To Whistler
- Ski Vacation At Whistler Resort
- Scandinavians invented ice skating in 3000 BC
- Whistler is a Wonderland During Winter
- North American Ski Resorts Offer Top Notch Vacations
- Native American Indian Art Wood Carvings of the Pacific Northwest
- Whistler 2010 Lodging - The Secret Accommodation Stash Revealed
- Pacific Northwest Native Canadian Art Raven
- HDTV Manufacturer in Arizona NuVision Appoints Ambassador Marketing as Advanced Display Technology Pacific Northwest Representatives
- The Orca Killer Whale in Pacific Northwest Coast Art
- Whistler and Blackcomb Mountain Announce a New Peak to Peak Gondola to Unite at the Top
- Visiting Whistler Before The 2010 Olympics?
- Where to Find Lodging and Accommodation in Whistler, BC
- A Car Buying Story, Part Three: Models and Makes
- Whistler Ski Resort Holiday Vacation
- Vancouver seaplane: People carrier with class
- A Wonderful Holiday in Whistler
- Moving from Vancouver to Belgrade
- What Makes These The Top Ten Ski Resorts For Downhill Skiing
- Make Your Christmas Vacation Truly Unforgettable In Whistler
- Whistler - A Premier Vacation Spot In North America
- Miller wins Chamonix super-combined
- ALDA Pharmaceuticals Corp. named Official Supplier of hand sanitizer and disinfectant cleaning products for the 2010 Winter Games - News Releases - Vancouver 2010
- Tofino: Vancouver Island's surfing hideaway
- Vancouver: Canada's adventure playground