Whistler is a Wonderland During Winter
Whistler is an internationally renowned, award winning four season resort, located about two hours drive from Vancouver, in British Columbia. With its crisp mountain air, magnificent vistas, and incredible alpine playgrounds, Whistler serves as a great destination for all types of winter activities.
The only ski resort along the Sea to Sky Highway - Whistler has been consistently rated the number one ski resort in North America. The Whistler and Blackcomb - the much famed mountains in Whistler - together boast of the world's largest high-speed lift system.
Whistler Mountain has more than 200 marked runs and provides access to about 8000 acres of skiable terrains, while the Blackcomb provides one mile vertical rise to ski as well as snowboard. From the much famed Burnt Stew that is most suitable for beginners to the much exigent double black diamond run Davies Dervish which is perfect for veterans, skiing in Whistler is truly a memorable experience.
A great thing regarding skiing in Whistler is that it provides superb options to enjoy almost all types of skiing such as alpine skiing, cross country skiing, free ride skiing, freestyle skiing.
Horstman Glacier in the Blackcomb is considered a great destination for glacier skiing. Likewise, the Lost Lake, just a few minutes drive from the well pedestrained Whistler village, is considered a haven for cross country skiing.
Since the area surrounding the Lost Lake is well preserved by the Whistler Resort Municipality and is superbly lit, it provides opportunities for skiing even during night. For enjoying backcountry skiing, one of the best destinations would be Callaghan Country, which is acknowledged as the playground of Whistler for enjoying outdoor recreations. Additionally, Whistler has a number of parks and ski schools to cater to every level of skier.
However, the activities that can be enjoyed during winter in Whistler are not just confined to skiing and snowboarding, but beyond that. For a unique as well as memorable backcountry journey, step into a sled chauffeured by brisk Alaskan racing Huskies. Likewise, nothing would be better than a sleigh ride in order to enjoy the magnificence of Whistler. Sometimes, sleigh ride tours are coupled with lunch and dinner.
Further, a great way to experience the incredibility of Whistler Backcountry is through a memorable day of cat skiing as well as snowboarding with luxurious Bombardier snow cats. Again, if you are looking for a unique experience, then journey high above the 6000 ft mountain to the stunning Crystal Hut via snowmobile or snow cat, to enjoy a sumptuous candlelit fondue dinner served with delicious wines.
For tourists who cannot ski or snowboard but at the same time want to glide along the snow-filled mountain trails to experience the spectacular vistas of the region, then a great way would be to take snow limo mountain eco tours. Situated in the Base 2 Zone of the Blackcomb Mountain, the Coco Cola Tube Park allows cruise down the invigorating tubing hill, and renders great fun for young and grown-ups alike.
If you want to experience the scenic vistas surrounding the Whistler and Blackcomb mountains, covering stunning glaciers, soaring peaks, and wonderful glacier-fed lakes, one of the great choices would be to take a helicopter sightseeing tour.
For nature as well as bird lovers, a walking tour to Squamish Valley in Brackendale, about 40 minutes from Whistler, would be a great way to spectacle some of the rare bird species, especially bald eagles, whose number comes to more than 3500, which is about 4% of the world's whole bald eagles.
Aforesaid are just few among many of the winter activities that can be enjoyed in Whistler. While your stay at Whistler during winter, one can also enjoy a number of other interesting activities such as snow shoeing, heli skiing, heli snow-boarding, heli glacier walking, bungee jumping, and rock climbing with such facilities as the Great Wall Climbing Centre.
With amazing options to enjoy a range of activities, it is not a wonder why Whistler is packed with tourists all year-round, especially during winter. Hence, it has a variety of accommodation options and that too coupled with excellent facilities to enjoy a variety of winter activities.
If you are looking for a unique experience, then you can opt for accommodation choices such as superb ski chalets attached with superb facilities. In addition, many of the hotels and resorts in the area provide equipments required to enjoy all types of winter activities. Some may charge nominal fee for equipments while some provide it to use for absolutely free.
Skiatwhistler.com offers real time bookings of premium properties in the world class ski resort of Whistler, British Columbia. Our business is to market property rentals in Whistler to high end vacationers in order to maximize property owners' return on investment (ROI).
Social Web Bookmarks (Opens a new window / tab)Comments
Wish to comment?
Type in and press Send button or Ctrl+Enter
(All comments are reviewed to eliminate spam and grossly inappropriate postings)
- A Car Buying Story, Part Two: How?
- What should my first Burnaby Acquisition Be?
- Burnaby Re-Sale homes - Top 10 Advantages and Disadvantages
- Projector123.com Delivers Professional Quality Projector Rentals Overnight-Guaranteed with Rates Starting at $99/day in the Pacific Northwest
- Fractal:Edge Data Visualization Makes Pacific Northwest Aerospace Company Fly
- Rafting River Whistler Has Something To Offer All The Family
- A Tourist Guide To Whistler
- Plan the Ultimate Vacation at Whistler
- The 2010 Olympic Torch and Torchbearer uniform unveiled! - Feature Stories - Vancouver 2010
- Native American Indian Art Wood Carvings of the Pacific Northwest
- Whistler 2010 Lodging - The Secret Accommodation Stash Revealed
- Pacific Northwest Native Canadian Art Raven
- HDTV Manufacturer in Arizona NuVision Appoints Ambassador Marketing as Advanced Display Technology Pacific Northwest Representatives
- The Orca Killer Whale in Pacific Northwest Coast Art
- Whistler and Blackcomb Mountain Announce a New Peak to Peak Gondola to Unite at the Top
- Visiting Whistler Before The 2010 Olympics?
- Where to Find Lodging and Accommodation in Whistler, BC
- A Car Buying Story, Part Three: Models and Makes
- Whistler Ski Resort Holiday Vacation
- Vancouver seaplane: People carrier with class
- Moving from Vancouver to Belgrade
- A Wonderful Holiday in Whistler
- What Makes These The Top Ten Ski Resorts For Downhill Skiing
- Make Your Christmas Vacation Truly Unforgettable In Whistler
- Whistler - A Premier Vacation Spot In North America
- Miller wins Chamonix super-combined
- ALDA Pharmaceuticals Corp. named Official Supplier of hand sanitizer and disinfectant cleaning products for the 2010 Winter Games - News Releases - Vancouver 2010
- Vancouver: Canada's adventure playground
- Tofino: Vancouver Island's surfing hideaway