Ski Vacation At Whistler Resort
The Whistler ski resort is also famous not only for its fabulous ski trails and spectacular scenery, it is also famous for its family friendly services and activities. It has fabulous activities for kids such as adventure zones, magic-carpets, play-fort just to mention a few.
Called by its official name Whistler Blackcomb Resort is actually made up of two big mountains. The resort is about an hour and fifteen minutes north of Vancouver, Canada. Holiday makers can fly direct or to Vancouver airport and travel by road to the resort. If traveling by road, then be cautioned that driving conditions during winter months can be dangerous.
This ski resort is so popular that it will be hosting the skiing events for the Olympics in 2010. The self contained Whistler Village has a thriving tourist economy and has a variety of restaurants, shops, inns and hotels accommodations.
The Whistler-Blackcomb resort more than two hundred mountain skiing trails covering over more than 8000 acres of terrain and nearly a mile of vertical drop with thirty-eight lifts and gondolas and boast of a whopping average snowfall of 30 feet per year.
As mentioned in the beginning of this article, Whistler ski resort is a family oriented vacation resort. There are very well organized programs for the children. Whistler Kids is one of the largest children skiing and snow boarding programs you can find in any ski resorts.
The Magic Carpets kids program make learning skiing easy for the young beginners. At the Adventure Camps, your kids get to stay with the same group of children learner and instructor all week long. The Whistler ski resorts even have a licensed childcare service. As for your teenagers, they can join a week-long "Ride Tribe".
The Big Easy Terrain Garden in the resort is a gentler terrain park meant for kids skiing or snowboarding. Then there are Adventure and Play Zones too. Blackcomb Mountain has a Children's Adventure Park, with runs through the forest and there is even a ski-through castle. For night skiing, families can ride the Magic Chair ski lift use the beginners' slope or have fun on a number of added features such as rails and boxes.
With all these vacation goodies, is it any wonder why The Whistler Ski Resort is one of the most popular ski resorts in the world?
Social Web Bookmarks (Opens a new window / tab)Comments
Wish to comment?
Type in and press Send button or Ctrl+Enter
(All comments are reviewed to eliminate spam and grossly inappropriate postings)
- What should my first Burnaby Acquisition Be?
- Burnaby Re-Sale homes - Top 10 Advantages and Disadvantages
- The Best of Both Worlds in Vancouver, British Columbia
- The Wonders Of British Columbia
- Whistler Ski Resort Holiday Vacation
- The Pearl Of The Pacific Northwest: Seattle Travel Information
- Whistler is a Wonderland During Winter
- Ten ways to avoid trouble on and off the slopes
- North American Ski Resorts Offer Top Notch Vacations
- Native American Indian Art Wood Carvings of the Pacific Northwest
- Whistler 2010 Lodging - The Secret Accommodation Stash Revealed
- Pacific Northwest Native Canadian Art Raven
- HDTV Manufacturer in Arizona NuVision Appoints Ambassador Marketing as Advanced Display Technology Pacific Northwest Representatives
- The Orca Killer Whale in Pacific Northwest Coast Art
- Whistler and Blackcomb Mountain Announce a New Peak to Peak Gondola to Unite at the Top
- Visiting Whistler Before The 2010 Olympics?
- Where to Find Lodging and Accommodation in Whistler, BC
- A Car Buying Story, Part Three: Models and Makes
- Whistler Ski Resort Holiday Vacation
- Vancouver seaplane: People carrier with class
- Moving from Vancouver to Belgrade
- A Wonderful Holiday in Whistler
- Make Your Christmas Vacation Truly Unforgettable In Whistler
- What Makes These The Top Ten Ski Resorts For Downhill Skiing
- Whistler - A Premier Vacation Spot In North America
- Miller wins Chamonix super-combined
- ALDA Pharmaceuticals Corp. named Official Supplier of hand sanitizer and disinfectant cleaning products for the 2010 Winter Games - News Releases - Vancouver 2010
- Tofino: Vancouver Island's surfing hideaway
- Vancouver: Canada's adventure playground