North American Ski Resorts Offer Top Notch Vacations
There are many notable ski resorts in North America. According to a recent poll, the top 10 ski resorts in the world are: Aspen, Colorado; Cortina, Italy; Mont-Tremblant, Ontario; Stowe, Vermont; Chamonix Mont-Blanc, France; Banff, Canada; Vail, Colorado; Zermatt, Switzerland; Kitzbuhel, Austria; and Whistler, British Columbia.
Such a wide array of top-notch ski destinations is difficult to compete with. Reaching a position on the top-10 list is a feat in itself. Skiers from around the globe gave their input on these highly sought-after destinations. Six of the 10 are located in North America.
Aspen, Colorado has always been well-known as a favorite ski spot for the rich and famous. As new resorts open world-wide, Aspen remains one of the most visited resorts in the United States. It offers a variety of runs ranging in difficulty from beginner to expert. Hundreds of acres of terrain offer something for everyone.
Mont-Tremblant, Quebec opened in 1939 and was the second resort to open in North America. It was the first resort to open in Canada. Mont-Tremblant is only an hour away from Montreal, making it a great daytime or weekend getaway for anyone looking to escape the nine-to-five. One of the most charming aspects of a Mon-Tremblant ski holiday is the fact that the streets in the village have a pedestrian-only layout. Visitors can park their vehicle for the entire duration of their stay if they wish.
One of the most picturesque resorts in the United States is Stowe ski resort in Vermont. Stowe ranks number seven on the top-10 list. It boasts the longest vertical drop in the area. Conveniently located in Vermont, Stowe offers two ski areas; Mount Mansfield and Spruce Peak. Spruce Peak backs up to Smugglers' Notch's terrain and features a unique lift-link to both resorts.
Banff, or Lake Louise, in Alberta Canada ranks number five on the top-10 list. The mountains around Lake Louise are some of the most scenic mountains in the world. The three different ski areas, Mystic Ridge, Sunshine Village and Lake Louise are roughly 31 miles apart. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise was also recently voted a must-stay resort in a popular men's magazine.
Another great Colorado based resort is Vail. Vail offers about 5,300 acres of terrain ranging from beginner to expert. It is also home to the fastest high-speed detachable quads on one mountain. Skiing, along with museums, art galleries, dog sledding, hockey and other attractions make Vail an excellent family ski location. There is always something for everyone to do
Whistler Blackcomb, another North American resort, is ranked number one on the top-10 list. According to the poll, Whistler Blackcomb provides the best skiing in North America. It also provides the biggest vertical drop of any slope in North America. This revelation comes as no surprise to skiers who have enjoyed Whistler's beauty and slopes for years. Crystal Lodge and Summit Lodge and Spa were voted must-stay resorts in the Lake Louise area.
The top-10 report states that Whistler has everything it takes to make a legendary resort. The resort offers over 100 restaurants to suit all tastes, cafe's, international stores and rentals. Over the last 10 years, Whistler has been nominated for "World's Greatest Ski Resort" and has held the title for "Best North American Ski Resort" by North Americans. It has been deemed the favorite international destination by Japanese skiers.
This was not a conclusive list of North American ski resorts. It was simply an overview of a few of the newest, oldest and best in North America as revealed by a recent poll in a popular men's magazine.
Social Web Bookmarks (Opens a new window / tab)Comments
Wish to comment?
Type in and press Send button or Ctrl+Enter
(All comments are reviewed to eliminate spam and grossly inappropriate postings)
- Must See British Columbias Fabulous Gibsons Landing - Home of the Beachcombers
- Whistler November Fun – Snow, Wine and More to Come; Whistler Vacation Rentals with Early Bird Specials Available Now
- Burnaby Re-Sale homes - Top 10 Advantages and Disadvantages
- Vancouver, Hidden Jewel Of The Pacific Northwest
- Pacific Northwest Native Canadian Art Raven
- A Guide to the Best Vancouver Vacation Attractions
- Whistler Focuses on Health and Wellness during Whistler Wellness Week
- Rafting River Whistler Has Something To Offer All The Family
- Ski Vacation At Whistler Resort
- Creating your Own Winter Fashion
- Whistler is a Wonderland During Winter
- Plan the Ultimate Vacation at Whistler
- Native American Indian Art Wood Carvings of the Pacific Northwest
- Whistler 2010 Lodging - The Secret Accommodation Stash Revealed
- Pacific Northwest Native Canadian Art Raven
- HDTV Manufacturer in Arizona NuVision Appoints Ambassador Marketing as Advanced Display Technology Pacific Northwest Representatives
- The Orca Killer Whale in Pacific Northwest Coast Art
- Whistler and Blackcomb Mountain Announce a New Peak to Peak Gondola to Unite at the Top
- Visiting Whistler Before The 2010 Olympics?
- Where to Find Lodging and Accommodation in Whistler, BC
- A Car Buying Story, Part Three: Models and Makes
- Whistler Ski Resort Holiday Vacation
- Vancouver seaplane: People carrier with class
- Moving from Vancouver to Belgrade
- A Wonderful Holiday in Whistler
- What Makes These The Top Ten Ski Resorts For Downhill Skiing
- Make Your Christmas Vacation Truly Unforgettable In Whistler
- Whistler - A Premier Vacation Spot In North America
- Miller wins Chamonix super-combined
- Vancouver: Canada's adventure playground
- ALDA Pharmaceuticals Corp. named Official Supplier of hand sanitizer and disinfectant cleaning products for the 2010 Winter Games - News Releases - Vancouver 2010
- Tofino: Vancouver Island's surfing hideaway